How the Respite Program Works
Eligibility and Payment
- Full Circle Support currently provides respite care services to clients authorized by several funding sources, including Regional Centers.
- The funding source determines who is eligible for FCS’ respite services and authorizes a specific number of hours for each eligible person.
- Some of the considerations for eligibility are that the diagnosed person has medical and/or physical needs, a deficiency in significant self-help skills, and/or behavior problems requiring care beyond that expected of a regular sitter. Those requiring a higher level of medical care are referred back to the funding source for referral to an appropriate agency or professional.
- Regional Centers provide funds to FCS for the provision of respite care to eligible persons. Families may be asked by their Regional Center Service Coordinator to contribute.
- The Respite Care Provider should not arrive earlier than the scheduled beginning of a routine respite, nor stay later than the end of the respite.
Respite Program Goals
- To provide quality respite care services, (24) hours a day, (7) days a week, that are responsive to individuals with special needs and their parents or guardians.
- To provide services which offer parents an opportunity for self renewal without worry
- To provide families with a viable alternative to out-of-home placement
- To train and supervise qualified Respite Care Providers
- To provide companionship and new positive experiences for the individual with special needs
- To provide the individual with special needs an opportunity to develop to their maximum potential