- Once you have returned all completed forms, you can call the respite office to schedule your first respite. Please be specific in relating what type of special care your family will require. All of our families and clients have different types of special care needed and you need to be vocal about what those needs may be.
- Plan to spend at least thirty minutes with any new Respite Care Provider prior to leaving. (This time should also be included in the hours recorded on the Respite Care Provider’s time sheet and is considered part of the hours authorized by the Regional Center).
- You may want the Respite Care Provider to spend as long as two hours with you and your family in order to become acquainted. If you would like, you may schedule a Respite Care Provider specifically for a home visit. (This time should also be included in the hours recorded on the Respite Care Provider’s time sheet and is considered part of the hours authorized by the Regional Center).
- Remember, establishing a relationship between your family and a Respite Care Provider will take time and more than one respite in your home.
- Be specific in communicating your expectations and concerns to the Respite Care Provider.
- Please contact the office if you have any comments or concerns related to a particular Respite Care Provider.
- Periodically you will receive a Parent Information Report for each Respite Care Provider who has come to your home. Please take the time to complete and mail this form to our office. These reports serve as an evaluation for the Respite Care Provider and allow us to provide the highest quality of care.
Choosing Your Own Provider
If you would like to choose your own Parent Select Respite Care Provider (a friend, relative, or neighbor), please call the Respite Program Office. We will send you a packet of paperwork to be completed by you and the person you have chosen. Your Parent Select Respite Care Provider may not work until all of the paperwork and other requirements have been completed and returned to the office. Until then you may use FCS’ Respite Care Providers sent out from our office.