Respite Care Providers, who are 18 years of age or older and have certification in first aid and CPR, are trained to provide consistent support and activities to your family member with special needs. Respite Care Providers, under the direction and guidance of parents and professionals can provide the following services:
*Note: The Respite Care Provider will only be paid for the time clocked in and out on the time sheet, which is agreed and signed by you and within the number of hours authorized by the Regional Center.
- Personal care in the home (toileting or diapering, hygiene, feeding, bathing, dressing)
- Assistance with instruction in self-help acquisition
- Follow-through with behavior management plans in the home
- Assistance with infant stimulation in the home
- Supervision and stimulation with appropriate toys and activities